- Is an 8-session HIV and STD prevention program created specifically for 12-15 year old African-American youth.
- Is an “evidence-based program” according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Has been evaluated and found effective in lowering rates of sex, sex without a condom, and alcohol and tobacco use.
- Includes “ImPACT”, a meeting with each youth participant and his or her parents. This stands for “Informed Parents and Children Together”.
The Research Project
- The FOY 24-7 Project is a research study using the Focus on Youth with ImPACT curriculum.
- Is developing and evaluating an interactive, web-based training course.
- Is providing participants with FREE FOY curriculum materials to keep.
- Is providing stipends for participation. Activities can add up to $200.
- Offers online support 24 hours a day, seven days a week!